Sunday, March 5, 2023

Our Little Lady | Over the Rainbow collection | Doodlebug Design Inc

Hi creative friends!

Can you believe it's March?! The gorgeous Over the Rainbow collection from Doodlebug Design Inc is the perfect collection to document your memories from March and Spring! 

I am sharing a 12' x 12' layout today created with the Over the Rainbow collection. What is not to love?! I mean the gorgeous colours, the cute icons and elements are all just sooooo super cute! This collection has been a dream to work with, especially to document a cute baby photo of my niece!


I began by choosing a plain white cardstock background for my layout today. I trimmed the cardstock down to measure roughly 11' x 11' and then adhered it to the 'B' side of the 'Spring Garden' patterned paper. 
I measured roughly 1.5 inches in from each edge of the white cardstock and ruled some lines to create a square using a ruler and pencil. 

I then took the 'Just For You' patterned paper and cut out the tops of the tags only from the paper. I then strategically adhered the tag tops around the square and I LOVE how this turned out. It was a bit fiddly to get this right however I just kept at it until I was happy with the way they were arranged on my page. 


All of that colour is gorgeous against the white don't you agree?! I added the photo of baby niece to the bottom right corner, choosing 2 of the papers from the 6' x 6' paper pad to layer under the photo. My title is the banner die-cut that says 'Our Little Lady' it was perfect to compliment this photo! I also added the Happy die-cut above, to fill in a little space. I made sure to leave lots of white space on this page so that you don't get too overwhelmed with so much going on! 


I wanted to layer lots of embellishments on top of the tag tops and also in between the spaces between the tags as well. I used a mixture of hearts and small flowers for the spaces in between. I took hearts from the Odds and Ends pack, Cardstock Stickers and Puffy Shapes, the flowers are mainly from the Odds and Ends pack.


In the top left corner I added the super cute Hello Sunshine Doodle-Pop, I LOVE the Doodle-Pops soooo much! They are gorgeous! I added the cute little blue bird from the same pack just near my photo on the right hand side. In the bottom left corner I added some of the flowers from the Garden Gnome Doodle-Pop pack. I just love the dimension and interest these add to a page! 


I continued to add small embellishments around the page, some to fill in gaps and some just because I felt like it needed something lol! It is SO hard to know when to stop sometimes isn't it? I find that a lot! Trust me, you are not alone! I added some This and That cardstock stickers, more puffy stickers, more die-cuts and more cardstock stickers! Lastly I stamped the date stamp of when the photo was taken (this is one of my signature details on a page).


I absolutely LOVED working with the Over the Rainbow collection, thanks so much for taking a peek at my layout today! I hope you enjoyed reading about how I created my layout. See you next time!



DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Over the Rainbow collection

OTHER

White Cardstock
Date stamp
Black ink

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails