Thursday, November 10, 2022

Favourite Moments | Daydream collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you today to share a new layout created for the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Throwback Thursday feature this week.

I chose to pull out the STUNNING Daydream collection as I had the perfect photo to document using this gorgeous collection! The photo is of myself with my crafty friends from a recent macrame workshop where we made rainbows. Just love how my rainbow turned out!

I chose a rainbow style background cut file from Paper Issues and cut it out from white cardstock, I then adhered the cut file to a sheet of the peachy coloured paper in the Daydream collection. I really love the effect of the cut file against the background paper. I backed my photo with one of the papers from the A5 paper stack and distressed the edges with my edge distresser tool. I like the texture this gives to the edges. I adhered the photo to the centre of my page and layered some papers and embellishments underneath.

My title is made up of a word from the awesome die-cut titles and an ephemera piece from the ephemera pack. I popped up both pieces with some pop dots and placed the title slightly on the left at the bottom of my photo. I tucked in one of the gorgeous fabric puffy hearts behind the Favourite ephemera piece and also chose some of the gorgeous rainbow die-cuts to adhere here as well. I used different size adhesive so that there were layers to my layout, I like how this creates shadows on my page.

On the right of my photo, I pulled out more rainbow pieces in both accessory stickers and ephemera pieces too and adhered them the same as the other side with different levels of adhesive for a layered effect and to create shadows. Another gorgeous puffy heart was also tucked in and I adhered some gorgeous, small floral ephemera pieces too. When I create my layouts, I will always place and adhere the larger things on my page first like the photo, a cut file and a title. From there my next step is to add the smaller embellishments like die-cuts, frames, chipboard etc and work down to even smaller embellishments again like enamel dots, sequins and small stickers.

I like to audition things before I completely commit to them staying on the layout so I will choose something I want to add and then I try it in a few different places before I am happy with how it looks, I take into consideration the colour, the size and if it balances with other things also on the page, I try to achieve the visual triangle on my pages so that my layouts are pleasing to the viewers eye. The last thing I did on this layout was added a few sequins and sprinkled some gold mist around my page.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love how my layout turned out and I hope you enjoyed reading how I created it!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails