Friday, September 23, 2022

Beautiful | Storyteller collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new scrapbook layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the STUNNING Storyteller collection. For this project, I had free choice to create whatever I wanted with no theme or anything. I chose to scrap lift one of my friend and fellow design team member Mandy Melville's gorgeous layouts.

This is the layout I created using the gorgeous Storyteller collection, documenting a pretty photo of a beautiful rose from my Mum's garden.

This is Mandy's stunning layout below that she created using the beautiful More Than Words collection.

I decided on the Ditsy Daisy 12' x 12' patterned paper as my background paper and took a piece of plain white cardstock and trimmed this piece down to around 8' x 10', I then chose the 'B' side of the Spring Fling paper to mat under the white cardstock. Like Mandy did on her layout, I decided to machine stitch the white cardstock and the Spring Fling paper together and then I adhered it to the Ditsy Daisy paper. I love the look that machine stitching adds to a layout, I love the texture it gives the page and the extra detail it adds as well.

For the main element where my photo was placed, I created some paper layers underneath the photo using various papers from the A5 paper stack and also tucked in a pocket card for some extra colour and another layer. I did distress some of the papers here to add some texture and I adhered some down using craft foam for some dimension also. Here in the bottom right corner of the photo cluster I tucked in some of the beautiful flowers from the floral ephemera pack, added a banner sticker to the photo from the accessory sticker sheet and also placed a phrase die-cut from the ephemera pack.

On the left of the photo, I created a small floral cluster using some of the florals from the floral ephemera pack and I added a wood epoxy button here to the centre of one of the flowers. In the top right corner of the page. I added the cute banner die-cut piece from the ephemera pack using pop dot adhesive. I love the shadows and dimension this adds to my page. I also took the small frame with hearts die-cut from the ephemera pack and tucked this piece into the top of the photo layers. I like how this peeks out from the top.

I decided to place my title in a similar position to where Mandy had placed hers and also created another small embellishment cluster in the bottom left corner. My title is one of the gorgeous foam title sticker words and I also took a phrase sticker from the accessory sticker sheet and placed it the bottom of the title. You can see in my floral cluster in the bottom left corner that I have adhered some of the florals flat to the page and then I have adhered the red one with some dimensional adhesive, again I love the shadow this creates and the extra interest it brings to my page. I also like to bend the edges of the flowers and leaves to make them look a little more realistic. Some of the smaller details and final things I added to my page were the gorgeous heart puffy stickers and another cute wood epoxy button. The last thing was to stamp my date stamp which is something I always add to my layouts.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love how my scrap lift layout of Mandy's page turned out and I hope you enjoyed reading how I created it!

Make sure to keep an eye on the Cocoa Vanilla online store as the Storyteller collection should be in store really soon!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails