Wednesday, March 23, 2022

You Got This | No Limits collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am excited to share a new scrapbook layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the awesome No Limits collection!

I am documenting a photo of my eldest son from his first day of starting work at KFC as a casual. He was very confident and we knew he would be fine. 2 years on he still loves his job and everyone he works with also. There were so many cool elements in the No Limits collection to help tell the story and document the occasion!

I decided on a horizontal design for this layout, taking the A5 paper stack and cutting some strips from some of the patterned papers in the A5 paper stack.

I arranged them in different positions on the page and then added some machine stitching to the centres of each strip. I also bent up the edges of the papers just with my fingers, I love how the machine stitching and the bent up edges add some extra texture and interest to my page. I placed my photo slightly to the left of the page using craft foam and I layered 2 of the cards from the 3' x 4' Journal Cards pack under my photo here. I also stapled one of the banner stickers from the Accessory Sticker pack to the photo and layered another small rainbow sticker under the 3' x 4' journal cards.

To the right of my photo I placed my title that is made up of the die-cut titles from the No Limits collection. I used foam tape under the title also to give some dimension and to help it stand out. I also added the cool banner die-cut from the Die-cut Ephemera pack that says 'Go For It' and those super cool hand gesture die-cuts had to be added too, these are so fitting for boy layouts!

On the bottom green paper strip I added a small cluster of embellishments including an arrow from the Chipboard pack, another phrase sticker from the Accessory sticker pack and a phrase die-cut too. These phrases all help to tell the story and are suited to the message I am trying to portray to my son in my layout.  I also added a few of the die-cut stars around as well, you can never go wrong with stars on a boy layout!

On the left of my photo I added another cluster of embellishments including the wood/epoxy button, the hand die-cut and another of the stars. When I create my clusters I always try to include similar colours from clusters I have previously created. This helps draw the eye around the layout, helps with visual design and makes the page aesthetically pleasing to look at. You can see on my layout that in each cluster I have added the red/orange colour, this is a great colour to use as it pops against most other colours. Another great colour to use for this is yellow.

Lastly I sprinkled some black mist and stamped the date stamp also. I hope you enjoyed my layout today?

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Make sure you get your hands on the awesome No Limits collection from your local scrapbook shop or wait until it becomes available in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails