Saturday, December 11, 2021

Magical Moments | Joyful collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

Can you believe we are in December already?! Where has the time gone?! I know we say this every year but I am sure it gets faster each year!

Anyway it's Tarrah here with you today and because it's now December, I want to share all the Christmas things! I have created a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio with a photo of my darling niece featuring the STUNNING NEW Joyful collection.

I created a pretty floral layout and began by fussy cutting out lots of those gorgeous florals from the Tis The Season paper. I did choose a plain white cardstock background however I did smoosh some distress oxide inks first. I mixed both Speckled Egg and a touch of Mermaid Lagoon to match the pretty teal colour in the Joyful collection. Lots of the mixed media did get covered up however you can see little hints of it if you look closely.

Once the ink was dry, I cut out the pink scalloped border strip from the Very Merry paper and adhered it horizontally to act as a 'shelf' on my page. I adhered my photo with a 3' x 4' card from the Pocket Card set and the oval scalloped frame die-cut from the ephemera pack down first and then began to arrange the florals either side of my photo. I knew I wanted them to frame my photo without overdoing it. I adhered the florals with different heights and types of adhesive to create shadows and dimension.

I also added some greenery from the ephemera die-cuts in the mix however most of it was fussy cut by hand. I added a wood epoxy button to the centres of 2 of the flowers. My title is made up of some words from the gorgeous gold puffy title stickers and I also added some of the small gold stars from the same pack. I also added a chipboard sticker just under my title and some of the tiny holly pieces from the Puffy Stickers either end of the chipboard piece. I trimmed down the white cardstock background and added 2 small clusters of flowers to the top and bottom, I then adhered the layout to the Making Spirits Bright paper and machine stitched a border around the very edge. To finish my page, I stamped the date stamp and sprinkled a fair bit of gold Heidi Colour Shine around my layout (yes I have been hoarding it)!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?! I hope you feel inspired to check out the stunning new Joyful collection that is now in the Cocoa Vanilla online store.

Happy Christmas creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails