Sunday, July 4, 2021

Magic | Spring Floral Banners | CUT to YOU

Hi friends,

Today I am SO excited to be sharing a layout created for CUT to YOU! It's a scrap lift of one of the boss lady - Gwen's gorgeous layouts as part of the CTY 3rd birthday celebrations this month! Happy birthday CUT to YOU

The layout directly below is my interpretation of Gwen's gorgeous layout! 


The Spring Floral Banners cut file is the cut file design we both used on our pages!


This is Gwen's gorgeous layout that inspired me featuring the Spring Floral Banners cut file, you can see that I was inspired by the cut file and how Gwen added 2 photos on her page.


I cut the cut file design from white cardstock as I mostly do and then went ahead and backed all the florals and banner sections with different patterned papers from the Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes Willow Lane collection. Once the cut file was all backed, I adhered it to my chosen background paper with craft foam to pop it up off the page and create some dimension and shadows. I then trimmed down this background paper so that I could add a border paper. I only had one sheet of the outside border paper left and as I wanted to add this to one of the banners, I improvised and gutted the middle of the paper, no one would ever know! I love all the gorgeous colours that are in the cut file.


I then placed my 2 photos similar to how Gwen had placed her photos. My youngest niece turned 4 a few weeks ago and she is a crazy horse and unicorn fan!! My sister got her a horse ride for her birthday and she was OVER the MOON!!! She absolutely LOVED it! The photos show you just how much she loved it! I found the unicorn chipboard piece and added it to the photo on the right to make it look like Olivia was riding the unicorn instead of the horse! Super cute right?!


I added my title 'Magic' in a similar place to Gwen, as I only had one word instead of 2 like Gwen, I made it work. I added embellishments like chipboard, ephemera, clear stickers and phrase stickers to help enhance the cut file design, to help tell the story and to also balance the entire page. You will notice that I have created some visual triangles with colours on the layout, this definitely helps to make a layout pleasing to look at. I stamped the date stamp on a journalling sticker and called my layout finished. I LOVE how it turned out. Thank you so much Gwen for the gorgeous inspiration layout and for the push to scrap lift one of your beautiful pages! 


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you liked how I scrap lifted Gwen's layout as much as I enjoyed creating it? Make sure to check out the AMAZING cut file designs in the CUT to YOU store!

Happy birthday CUT to YOU and happy creating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails