Sunday, June 9, 2024

Good Times | Hometown USA collection | Doodlebug Design

Hi creative friends!

What do you do when you don't live in the US or celebrate 4th of July but have the gorgeous Hometown USA collection to create with?
You improvise and find something else to document instead! 

As it turns out, my Dad's favourite football team here in Australia have the colours of red, white and blue so the Hometown USA collection was perfect to document a photo of him and I at one of their games recently!  


To begin, I chose my photo first and then chose elements from all of the die-cut and sticker packs that would suit the theme of my layout. I then chose a free cut file from Paper Issues and cut it out from white cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo machine. 


I chose lots of the various papers in the 6' x 6' paper pad and backed the diagonal 'burst' spaces with the papers using regular adhesive.  I trimmed down the white cardstock so that I could back the page onto red cardstock. I used craft foam to back the white cardstock against the red so that the layout looked to have some depth, to back the stars, I chose more of the papers in the 6' x 6' paper pad however this time I simply adhered them to the red cardstock making sure that the star would cover the paper I put there.  


Below is an example of how the stars look to have more depth as there is a shadow created from the craft foam and dimension that this creates.


I took the silver Alphabet Soup puffy stickers to add the name of the football team and embellished my layout with Chit Chat die-cuts, Bits and Pieces die-cuts, Odds and Ends and This and That stickers. I absolutely love the acetate firework die-cuts! Lastly I stamped the date stamp of when the photo was taken and my layout was finished. I love how my layout turned out and remember even if you don't celebrate a specific holiday, you can always make a collection work with a different theme! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today!


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Hometown USA collection
Hometown USA textured cardstock pack
Alphabet Soup Puffy stickers - Silver
Lily White Doodle Twine

OTHER

Paper Issues cut file
Silhouette Cameo machine
Black Ink
Date stamp

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails