Thursday, May 9, 2024

Road Trip | Great Escape collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!


It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new layout created using the awesome Great Escape collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio! I can not get enough of this collection! I think this is my 6th layout using this awesome collection and I still have heaps of ideas flowing! Talk about value for money!  I pulled out a super cute photo of my youngest son from when he was about 3 going for a ride in the car, I just love the thumbs up gesture- so cute!

I chose to work with a darker background paper choosing the 'Journey' patterned paper for this layout. I knew I was going to be adding the white cut file title and I really wanted that to pop off the page. The cut file I chose is from CUT to YOU, I cut out the title in white and cut out the road in black and backed it with some white cardstock to make it resemble a road as close as possible! For the large open letters in the cut file I took the A5 paper stack and choose various papers to add in the open holes. Once the cut file was all backed, I adhered the road down first using regular adhesive and then for the title, I added craft foam and then adhered it down in the centre of the page, I love adding craft foam so that it creates some dimension on my layout, this also allows me to tuck in bits and pieces where I want to if I feel some places need extra detail.

I added my photo on the right side, tucking it in behind the 'D' in Road I would normally layer a paper or a die-cut underneath my photo but this time I left it free of these. Once I was happy with the photo placement and the title it was time for my favourite part and that is embellishing! Below the photo I added a chipboard piece and I also added the flag chipboard piece overlapping the road and coming out of the 'A' in Road. The So Much Fun chipboard piece I added on top of the cut file and also added some of the phrase stickers from the Accessory sticker sheet to help tell my story. 

I took a few die-cuts from the ephemera pack and also added these around my page too, I love finding the perfect piece that is the perfect shape or perfect colour to fit in spots! One of the many things I love to do when I create! I like to balance my pages and describe my style is very clean but colourful too! 

Some of the smaller embellishments like the puffy shapes were some of the last things I added to my page, along with stamping the date stamp which is one of my go to things on every page! Do you have something you like to include on every project? Kind of like a signature? Lastly I trimmed down the 'Journey' patterned paper to roughly 11' x 11' and matted the entire layout on white cardstock. I then machine-stitched a border using black thread around the entire edge of the layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you are inspired to use your Great Escape collection and create some adventure layouts!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails