Sunday, May 19, 2024

Get Well Soon Tissue Box | Happy Healing collection | Doodlebug Design Inc

 Aaaacchhhhooo! Do you have a loved one or close friend who is feeling a bit under the weather right now? Why not cheer them up with with a super cute DIY gift of a tissue box? Everyone needs tissues when you are feeling fluey right?

The Happy Healing collection by Doodlebug Design Inc is the perfect collection to make a tissue box cover with, it certainly brightens up a dull box of tissues and is sure to brighten someone's day too.


I started out by measuring my tissue box and then took 2 sheets of matching coloured 12' x 12' cardstock. I followed this tutorial on YouTube to make my tissue box cover, I did have to make a few alterations when I was adhering it all together, this is dependent on the size of your tissue box. I added the back piece of cardstock last, I loved that this gave me an opportunity to add more paper and cute embellishments.


On all sides of the tissue box, I used the Spot of Happiness patterned paper and on the top where the hole is, I added the Cross My Heart paper, using a circle die in the centre to punch out the hole for the tissues to come through. On the back piece, I used a yellow cardstock from the Happy Healing cardstock pack and added a paper from the 6' x 6' paper pad to the cardstock. Once the tissue box cover was constructed and the patterned papers were all added, it was time to embellish! 


To add some more interest to the centre where the tissues are pulled out, I removed the centre out of one of the circle dies and placed the ring over the top of the tissues and adhered it down. I also added a scalloped border sticker from the This and That sticker sheet around the edge at the top. You can never go past adding Doodlepops to your projects, I chose the gorgeous teddy bear with balloons and adhered it to a notecard from the Bits and Pieces pack.


Some more of the embellishments I added were more die-cuts from the Odds and Ends pack, more stickers from the This and That sticker sheet and some pretty silver sprinkles too. I really encourage to give this project a go! It really was quite simple to make and it looks great! 


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! 

Happy creating!


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Happy Healing collection
Happy Healing cardstock pack
Rainbow textured cardstock pack

OTHER

Tissues
Circle dies
Cuttlebug die-cut machine
Score board
Score tool 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails