Monday, August 22, 2022

So Cute | Storyteller collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the gorgeous Storyteller collection and inspired by the August 2022 monthly mood board!

I am documenting a photo of my youngest niece out in the garden, the mood board features gorgeous bright colours that didn't really go with my photo and I knew that I wanted to use the Storyteller collection where the colours aren't as bright, so instead of being inspired by the colours like I usually would be, I was inspired by some of the images in the mood board.

How gorgeous and bright is the August 2022 Mood Board?!

You can see from the mood board that I was inspired by the image of the colourful butterflies in the bottom right corner and and also the image of the ferris wheel in the bottom centre. Yes, I fussy cut ALL of those butterflies by hand except for 3 of them that are chipboard pieces instead. I cut the butterflies from the Fly Away 12' x 12' patterned paper and the smaller version of the same paper from the A5 paper stack.

I took a sheet of plain white cardstock and traced a circle with a pencil and dinner plate, I then stabbed holes around the circle and rubbed out the pencil line once the holes were right around. I chose some cotton threads that match the colours in the Storyteller collection and hand stitched around the circle. I adhered my photo on the right of the page and layered a pocket card underneath. I also layered a sticker from the accessory sticker sheet on the left of the photo. I took a tab sticker also from the accessory sticker sheet and placed it on the right of the pocket card. I stamped the date the photo was taken on this tab.

I gathered all of the fussy cut butterflies and arranged and adhered them facing different directions inside the circle. I only added adhesive to the very centres of each butterfly so I could bend up their wings for added interest and to create shadows on my page.

My title is made up of the foam title stickers and I placed it following the circle shape at the bottom of the photo. I also placed 2 more stickers from the accessory sticker sheet below the title. I took a heart from the ephemera pack and placed it next to the title. To the left of the photo, I placed the banner piece that says 'Hello Beautiful' from the ephemera pack using foam dots. I took 2 more ephemera banner pieces and adhered them above the photo.

I decided to add some of the gorgeous puffy stickers in between all of the butterflies, I added both the puffy dots and the puffy hearts. As I had black in my title, I also added some of the hearts in the foam black.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed reading about how I created my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?!

Be sure to get your entry in for the August Mood Board challenge by adding your entry to the corresponding album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community Facebook Group 

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails