Saturday, July 23, 2022

So Happy | Storyteller collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new scrapbook layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the stunning NEW Storyteller collection!

For this week I was given the brief of focusing on the wood epoxy buttons in the Storyteller collection! How can you go past these cute embellishments? These are great little additions to any project, providing beautiful dimension and texture!

I recently went away on a little weekend getaway and there was a lovely fireplace inside the cabin we stayed in, I took a couple of selfies in front of the fire as it was so cozy!

I chose the 'B' side of the beautiful Spring Fling paper for my background, trimming it down slightly and adhering it a piece of plain white cardstock, I printed my photo in black and white and distressed the edges of the photo, I then pulled out one of the pocket cards and layered it under my photo. I popped the photo up from the pocket card using craft foam, I love the dimension this creates on my layout. On the photo, I stapled a banner sticker from the accessory sticker sheet and to the right of the photo I also adhered a tab from the ephemera pack. 

For my main design element I decided on a circle design, and since the gorgeous wood epoxy buttons are the feature, it allowed me to add lots to the centres of the circles!

I took my circle punches and the A5 paper stack and punched out a few circles from the papers in different sizes, I then layered them together to create 5 layered circles......I distressed the edges of all of the circles and added craft foam in between each layer to add dimension and texture.

I then took a wood epoxy button and added one to the centre of each of the layered circles I created. Once the layered circles were completed, I arranged them on my page how I liked them. I adhered them down, leaving some space at the bottom at the bottom to add a title and some more embellishments. I adhered the gorgeous rainbow banner from the ephemera pack below my photo and popped up the circle die-cut on the right of the photo. On the left of the photo, I just had to add the circle sticker from the accessory sticker sheet that says. 'But First, Let Me Take a Selfie. I added pop dots to the left edge of this piece and placed it overlapping the photo slightly.

I chose the title 'So Happy' from the awesome foam title stickers from the collection and placed the title below my photo and also took some phrase stickers from the accessory stickers and added these below the title and above my photo too. To balance out the other side of the page, I adhered the shorter rainbow banner die-cut from the ephemera pack. I also adhered the camera chipboard piece using craft foam to add dimension and adhered another of the wood epoxy buttons in the centre of the camera.

To help fill in some of the spaces between the circles, I bought in some of the smaller embellishments. I added some of the button die-cuts, some puffy stickers, accessory stickers, foam black hearts and even more wood epoxy buttons too. I added two of the black foam hearts to create the all important visual triangle on my page, strategically placing the hearts in places to draw your eye around the layout. Lastly I sprinkled some white mist and stamped the date stamp.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I had so much fun creating this layout and focusing on the super cute wood epoxy buttons! I hope you enjoyed reading how I created it. Make sure to ask your retail store for the gorgeous Storyteller collection...you absolutely NEED this in your life!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails