Saturday, May 21, 2022

Bloom Where You Are Planted | These Days collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am here to share a new scrapbook layout inspired by the beautiful May 2022 Moodboard. Each month in the Cocoa Vanilla Community Facebook group there is a monthly moodboard challenge held, create a project and upload it and you will go in the running to win a Cocoa Vanilla store voucher.

From the moodboard this month, I was inspired by the gorgeous colours, the pretty florals and the circular shapes from the moodboard and used the stunning These Days collection to create this layout below.

May 2022 Moodboard

I am documenting a photo of myself and 2 good friends from a retreat last year. I chose to cut out a pretty wreath cut file from Paper Issues from white cardstock and backed some of the florals and leaves in the cut file using papers from the A5 paper stack. Once the cut file was all backed, I adhered the cut file wreath to the Family Ties patterned paper using foam tape to add dimension and shadows. I trimmed down the Family Ties paper slightly and backed it onto plain white cardstock. I adhered my photo down towards the bottom of the wreath cut file and layered one of the 3' x 4' Pocket cards underneath.

I added most of the embellishments around my photo to help draw attention to it...some of these were floral diecuts, ephemera pieces, wood buttons, puffy stickers and accessory stickers. I deliberately left the cut file free of papers so that you could see the patterned paper come through from the background and so I could layer up some of those gorgeous florals too.

At the very top of the wreath I added a small cluster of embellishments including some florals and leaves diecuts, some accessory stickers and a gold puffy heart. Above the photo, I decided to add 3 of the butterfly puffy stickers as though they were flying out of the photo. My title is the accessory sticker that says, 'Bloom Where You Are Planted', I placed this under the photo.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?!

Make sure to check out the Cocoa Vanilla store for the gorgeous These Days collection!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails