Friday, August 23, 2019

You and Me | Free Spirit | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

 Today I am sharing a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the gorgeous Free Spirit collection. Today my inspiration comes from the awesome sketch from Page Maps some of the design team were given to work with for this week.


Here is the awesome Page Maps sketch we were given for inspiration. It can be found under the October 2018 archives here


I still have a few bits from some of the older CVS collections so I decided to pull out the pretty Free Spirit collection and work with that. I stuck to the sketch design pretty closely, even adding the same elements the sketch suggested. I changed it slightly to balance the page and also replaced a suggested photo for paper instead.  I started off by trimming some white cardstock down and then machine stitching 2 circles. I then adhered the white cardstock to one of the gorgeous floral papers. 

I matted my photo with one of the papers from the Free Spirit collection and also layered another one above to replace the 2nd photo as I mentioned earlier. I also added some of the journal spots as a layering piece. I added one of the scalloped border stickers above the photo of my sister and I also added a few embellishments to this area also. I fussy cut the 'You and Me' title from one of the journal cards included on one of the papers from the Free Spirit collection and positioned it where the sketch suggested. 

I cut out the pink phrase 'Hello Happiness' and added that tucked in under my photo and also layered the 'Wonderful' die-cut phrases over the photo also. One of the cute flair buttons and a die-cut heart were added to the left of the photo. On the sketch, the suggestion is to place a large embellishment like a jar of flowers, I added one of the floral stickers from the accessory sticker sheet here instead and I really like how it looks.    

Lastly I added the die cut banner popped up using pop dots to the top left corner touching the machine stitching, I also sprinkled some white sequins around and some navy Heidi shine mist. The date stamp was the very last thing added and that completes my layout.
Be sure to check out Page Maps for inspiration, there are so many designs over there to kick start your creativity.

Check them out and get creating with your favourite Cocoa Vanilla collection!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails