Friday, August 9, 2019

Summer Days | Hello Sunshine Collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the Hello Sunshine collection. I decided to challenge myself by not using much patterned paper on this layout, the only piece I added was the piece underneath my photo. If you want to grab some Hello Sunshine, be quick as there are only a few pieces left from this awesome collection in the online store!

To begin my layout, I chose a fun cut file design from The Cut Shoppe and cut it out from yellow cardstock. I then adhered the cut file to plain white cardstock. I love the contrast of the bright yellow against the white cardstock, reminds me so much of summer!  For the very centre of the design of layout, I picked the 'In the Summer Time' sticker from the accessory sheet and popped it up on foam dots and placed it in the centre of my page.

Like I said earlier, I matted my photo using just the one piece of patterned paper, this photo is a very recent one of my sister and her eldest daughter in the waters of the Jurassic Coast in England! How gorgeous is that archway and water?! So inviting! I popped my photo up to create some dimension and shadows and then the next step was to embellish.

I chose some of the die-cuts from the ephemera pack including the coloured star strip, the iceblock rectangle piece and the journal tab. These 3 pieces I tucked it below the photo and to the right side of the photo. I created a focal point towards the centre of the page by adding a cute flair button, a wood veneer heart and another sticker. I also had to add that Sunshine puffy sticker, I just love the puffy stickers from this collection!

Lastly I added some of the super cute enamel shape stars around the edges of the sun to add some colour and interest. I also splattered a few splats of black mist and added the date stamp to finish off my Summer page!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails