Sunday, December 9, 2018

Dreamcatcher | Midnight | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a pretty off-the-page dream catcher project created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the stunning Midnight collection! If you were to make one similar, wouldn't it make a beautiful gift for that special someone or perhaps you may want to keep it for yourself? 

I started by making sure that the die cut was adhered to the circle piece of the backing sheet of paper, I then cut out the circle large die cut from the backing sheet. I machine stitched on 4 of the circles - the 2 outer circles and the 2 circles in the centre, I love how the stitching gives a little bit of extra detail.

I then began to layer some of the ephemera pieces and chipboard pieces to create a focal point in the centre of the circle. I love that girl from the ephemera pack and just had to have her feature in the centre of the dream catcher. You can see the detail in the machine stitching in the above photo.

The Shine Bright chipboard piece was the perfect piece to add to the top to hide where the ribbon was attached to hang it up. I also placed some of the chipboard hearts to draw the eye towards the centre of the circle.
Once the circle was complete, I cut some feathers out from a few of the gorgeous papers with my Silhouette Cameo and attached them in different lengths to the bottom of the circle, I added some ephemera pieces to some of them to add a little extra detail.  A cluster of both chipboard and ephemera florals were added to the bottom where the circle meets the twine. I like how this makes the whole project tie together. 
I hope I have inspired you to try creating an off-the-page project! All you have to do is think outside the square!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails