Sunday, October 6, 2024

Happy Halloween Wreath | Hey Pumpkin collection | Doodlebug Design Inc

Hi creative friends!

It's time to decorate for Halloween! And what better way to start with a wreath to hang on your front door! I love how all the gorgeous colours are showcased in my wreath from the Doodlebug Design Hey Pumpkin collection! 


To create this wreath I chose nearly all of the papers in the Hey Pumpkin collection and trimmed strips from them all to measure roughly 2 inches x 10 inches. Some papers I did repeat to fill up the wreath. I then took my banner punch and punched the very ends of each end of the paper strips. I chose a polystyrene foam circle that I have had in my stash for ages to glue them all to.

Altogether there are 28 paper strips on my wreath, I was sure to not place similar patterns and colors too close together, arranging them to even out the patterns and colours as much as possible. I slightly overlapped each paper strip to ensure the foam circle was covered. Once all of the paper strip banners were glued in place, I added some black ribbon at the top and tied a bow, I also attached the gorgeous Hey Pumpkin Just Charming Clip and Key Chain to hang down.

When the paper strip banner were all dry, I added a piece of the gorgeous Homespun heavyweight acetate to the back of the wreath. I did have to wait a while for this to dry before I started on the really fun part of embellishing! I added the round October 31 die-cut from the Chit Chat pack to the centre of the acetate also.
I added titles from the Chit Chat pack to the top and bottom of the wreath and some small speech bubbles as well. From the Bits and Pieces pack, I added lots of the floral pieces to the title below and at the top as well. 

The Puffy Stickers in the Hey Pumpkin collection are super cute, I added some floral ones over the top of the die-cut flowers at the bottom, a pumpkin and a spider near the bottom title, some bats to the sides of the wreath and some pumpkin puffys to the top floral piece.


I absolutely LOVE how my wreath turned out and the best thing was it was SO EASY to make! I hope you inspired to create your very own wreath with the Hey Pumpkin collection!

Happy creating!


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Hey Pumpkin collection

 OTHER

Polystyrene Foam Circle Wreath
Banner Punch
Black Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails