Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas | Gingerbread Kisses collection | Doodlebug Design Inc

Hey creative friends!

Christmas is all wrapped up in this cute layout that I created using the Gingerbread Kisses collection by Doodlebug Designs. 
I kept it pretty simple with not too many embellishments and created a gift look to my page even including some curled paper to replicate a curly ribbon bow on the gift.

I started with a plain piece of white cardstock, trimming it down to approximately 11.5' x 11.5' and adhering it to the 'B' side of the 'Hello Santa' paper. I cut some strips of paper from the 'Gift Wrap' paper and adhered them vertically and horizontally to replicate a gift. I did use craft foam to adhere these strips, I like how this creates dimension and shadows on the page. I did machine stitch a border using some red cotton.


For the bow at the top, I cut several strips of paper from the 'Merry and Bright' paper, I looped 2 of them and then curled the ends with my fingers to create the loops in the ends of the bow. This did take a little fiddling and a few goes to get it right, I am glad I persevered though as I love how it turned out! From the bow, I tied one of the cute charmers using some Doodle Twine and also added some die-cut tags too.


I placed 2 small photos in opposite quadrants to each other and kept the embellishments pretty simple. I layered the large Christmas title across the centre of the gift and added one of the pink peppermint sprinkles for the dot in the 'I' in Christmas. I embellished mostly with die-cuts and added some sprinkles to each including the white hearts to Santa's beard and the small enamel dots to the Christmas Tree.  


A few other details include the heart row die-cuts and the holly that I added to each corner, I also added some enamel dots to the berries of the holly too. Lastly I stamped the date stamp using black ink. 
I hope you enjoyed reading about how I created my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it!


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful few days celebrating the festive season with your loved ones an that you get some creating time in too!


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Gingerbread Kisses collection
Doodle Twine in Swimming Pool

OTHER

Sewing machine
Red cotton thread
Date stamp
Black Ink

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails