Sunday, November 12, 2023

Advent Calendar | Gingerbread Kisses collection | Doodlebug Design Inc

Hi creative friends!

Are you getting excited for Christmas?! I know I am! What better way to start getting excited than to count down the days with one of the gorgeous Advent Calendars from Doodlebug Designs!


With 24 little drawers in the calendar, there are plenty of options to add cute little trinket gifts for each day counting down! I decided to cut into the attic of the house using my craft knife and metal ruler to create some little scenes in the attic. I just love all the gorgeous embellishments in the Gingerbread Kisses collection and used quite a few just in the attic space! I lined the back wall of the attic with the 'Merry and Bright' patterned paper and then added lots of embellishments. I added 3 of the adorable Doodle-Pops including the Candy Cottage one, the Deck the Halls one, the Holiday Treats one and also the Gingerbread Kisses one too! I also added a few die-cut pieces from the Odds and Ends pack. To add some more dimension, I added some of the sprinkles to the tops of the cupcakes etc.


For the chimney, I added some of the 'Gift Wrap' patterned paper around the outside and then added the Hello Santa Doodle-Pop inside the chimney! I also added some of the die-cuts to toothpicks and stuck those in too. On the outside of the chimney, I added a die-cut heart and a puffy Gingerbread man. I covered the outside edges of the house/calendar with the 'Holiday Sprinkles' patterned paper and then added some of the puffy shapes to the joins in the calendar. Around the outside edges I took the pink cardstock and punched some scallops to create a decorative edge. I then added the gorgeous puffy heart shapes to the centres of the scallops. I added the die-cut wreath at the top for some more interest.



For the front of each drawer, I took cardstocks in dark pink, lime, aqua and yellow and had my Silhouette Cameo cut out 6 squares of each colour, I then punched a half circle at the top of each square and adhered these on. Next I took the Cookies for Santa paper and punched out 24 scalloped hearts and added craft foam behind them all. I then took the Alphabet Soup Alphabet stickers and added numbers 1 - 24 on each drawer. I did have to improvise for these as I ran out of number 1 and 2! These were all glued on and then I added a small embellishment to each drawer. For the very edge of the house, I glued a paper straw to each side from my stash and glued in candy cane die-cuts at the top of each straw.


I absolutely LOVE how my house/advent calendar turned out and hope I have inspired you with an idea of what to do with your Advent Calendar!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy creating!


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Advent Calendar 
Gingerbread Kisses collection
Gingerbread Kisses Cardstock Assortment pack
Alphabet Soup stickers in Bon Bon
Puffy Hearts in variety of colours 

OTHER

Scallop border punch
Scallop heart punch
1" circle punch
Paper straws

Toothpicks 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails