Sunday, October 15, 2023

Halloween | Sweet & Spooky collection | Doodlebug Design Inc

Spooky Season is creeeeeping closer! Like what I did there?! I just love documenting Halloween! I think its the dress ups and the costumes that really get me in the mood for the  spooky season! 

I am absolutely LOVING working with the Sweet & Spooky collection for past Halloween memories! Lucky I still have a young kid who will dress up and get his photo taken! Don't you think he looks cool?! I started with a white cardstock base and then took the Taffy Stripe 12' x 12' patterned paper and cut each of the colors into strips. I adhered the black, purple, teal and orange strips onto the white cardstock leaving a gap between each. Once adhered I bent up the edges of the paper strips with my fingers to create some texture. 


When I was creating this layout I knew that I wanted to embellish the page using a tone on tone effect. I placed the border strip stickers down first from the This and That Cardstock Sticker sheet and then adhered my photo to the right hand side of the page, I layered the 'B' side of the Bitty Boos paper under my photo and used craft foam underneath my photo for some dimension. I started at the top with my embellishing, pulling out some black embellishments including the bats from the October Sky Doodle Pop and the 'Boo' word from the Boo Crew Doodle Pop


Next was purple, then teal and then orange. I love the acetate pieces included in the Odds and Ends die-cut pack! I just had to add the teal spider webs! What about those super cute  mini cake pop and candy puffy stickers!? I love how the clusters of embellishments all look together cascading down the page! I did overlap some of the colors on to others to give the feel that they all fell out of a packet and landed on the page that way!


I used different levels of adhesive on my layout too, I love doing this also to create interest and to have some things standing out and emphasised more than others. I absolutely ADORE the gorgeous little faces on all the pumpkins! I love that some have just 1 tooth and some have their eyes closed with a cute smile too! I added some white mist once I was happy with all of the placement of my embellishments.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to create some cute projects using your Sweet & Spooky collection!

Happy creating! 


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Sweet & Spooky collection

OTHER

White Cardstock
White Mist
Date stamp
Black Ink

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails