Monday, October 9, 2023

So Thankful | Heart & Home collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new scrapbook layout created using the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studio Heart & Home collection. For this project, I have taken inspiration from the beautiful October mood board. I have documented an Autumn photo of myself amongst some fallen leaves, I love how my photo goes perfectly with this collection.

October Mood Board

The inspiration I took from the mood board was mostly from the centre image, I decided to replicate the woodgrain circle but added a few other layers of papers underneath to add some interest and to include some more colours. Naturally the colours from the mood board match perfectly with the Heart & Home collection.  I placed most of the elements to the right of the circle also like in the centre image of the mood board.

I created the circles from 3 different papers including the Harvest paper, the Gather paper and the Framed paper. I used the 'B' sides of each of each of these papers. I traced 3 different sized dinner plates and free hand cut them out. Once they were cut out, I adhered them layered on top of each other onto some white cardstock and then bent up the edges to add some texture. I trimmed the white cardstock down to measure approximately 11' x 11'. I then adhered it to the 'B' side of the Bountiful patterned paper. Once adhered, I machine-stitched a border around the edges to add some texture.

I layered a paper from the A5 paper stack underneath my photo and adhered it to the right side of the layout using craft foam to add dimension. I layered a frame from the ephemera pack on the left side of the photo and also some small flowers from the floral ephemera pack. On the right of the photo, I added lots of the gorgeous florals also from the floral ephemera pack. If you look closely at the florals, I have added some of the puffy stickers to the centres of the florals also. My title is made up of the gorgeous gold foil cardstock words, I chose the words 'So Thankful' and adhered it to the bottom of the photo using craft foam.

To balance out the heaviness of the right side of the layout, I created a cluster of embellishments that mostly included some more of the gorgeous florals. I adhered some flat and adhered some with craft foam to create different heights and dimension. I did add a die-cut that said 'Everyday Beauty' here also. Some more phrases were added too including the Happiness Is Homemade banner that I added under the title and the Moment Captured banner die-cut that I adhered on top of the photo. I also added the Joyful Days sticker from the Accessory sticker sheet just above the title. Lastly I added some of the puffy hearts around the page, stamped the date stamp and sprinkled some white mist around.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Heart & Home collection and create with it. Make sure to join in our October mood board challenge and submit your project on our Facebook Page!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails