Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Door Hanging | Heart & Home | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a slightly different project to my normal layouts! I created a heart-shaped door hanging that doubles as a place to add notes and letters using the gorgeous Heart & Home collection. Great idea right?!

I started by having my Silhouette Cameo cut out a heart shape for me from plain white cardstock. I then traced out the shape of various sections of the heart with a variety of the 12' x 12' papers including the 'B' side of the Framed paper, the 'B' side of the Flurry paper and the 'B' side of the Harvest paper. Once I had them out all cut out, I machine stitched a border around the outside edge of the entire heart. I did stitch across the 2 pouches horizontally, adding strips of the 'B' side of the Gather paper and a strip of vellum. I did only place adhesive on the bottom and the very edges of the pouches to create the openings.

Once the heart and the pouches were constructed, I added a ribbon to the back of the heart and also included a bow at the top. To embellish the door hanging, starting from the top, I added the banner sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet to the top left corner, adhering it with a staple. I then cut part of the heart strip from the Gather paper and adhered it horizontally, tucking in a tag, I added some twine to the top of the tag, and adhered a phrase banner die-cut with some craft foam. I also placed a heart puffy sticker on the tag.

For the middle section, I added lots of ephemera pieces, including the house which I adhered using craft foam and added a puffy sticker to the house to act as a door handle and a phrase die-cut across the centre of the house. I also added a round die-cut and added a mini paper clip and I placed another die-cut on the left. I also placed another banner sticker and stapled it to adhere it. On the bottom I placed another house die-cut and the title here which is made up the gold cardstock words. I also did the same to this house as I did to the one above, adding a puffy sticker and phrase die-cut. I adhered all of these using craft foam also.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Not all projects have to be layouts! Sometimes it's good to think outside the box! I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Heart & Home collection and get creative with it!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails