Saturday, February 23, 2019

Wonderful You | Midnight | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the gorgeous Midnight collection.

I decided on a monochromatic colour palette for this layout as I knew I wanted to make it a more masculine page with my photo of my eldest son. Even though the Midnight collection has lots of pretty girly elements, its great that masculine pages can also be created using this collection too. 

I just love the the Bloom and Grow paper from this collection, I love the stripes and the colour, I really wanted to use a lot of this paper on my page but did not want to use a whole sheet of it as I felt it would be too busy for a background. By splitting the paper and adhering it with the striped vertically, I was able to add my my elements in the centre of the page. I like how the vertical stripes draw the eye down the page. I added some white gesso to smooth out the harsh line from where the paper met the white cardstock.

I pulled out one of the papers from the 6'x 8' paper pad and layered it behind my photo as well as one of the frames from the ephemera pack. I also added one of the chipboard sentiments in the top right corner of the photo. I used foam adhesive to adhere the photo and layers down and love the dimension and shadows it creates on my page. I created a small cluster to include my title and a few embellishments at the bottom right corner and tucked one of the leaf die cuts into the right hand side of the photo and layers. 

In keeping with the monochromatic tones, I pulled out lots of the embellishments that were that nice grey blue colour. I added the cute mason jar die-cut to the left of the photo and layers and also added another of the leaf die-cuts here too. I added one of the tabs to the top of the photo and one of the rectangle journal spots tucked below my photo was perfect to add my date stamp to. The 'You' die-cut title from the Title die-cuts that forms part of my title was popped up on some foam tape and I love the dimension it created.

Some white splatters of mist were added to the top half of the page and then down on the white cardstock, I added some blue mist splatters to bring in some of the blue grey colour. See the second photo above for the colour and placement of the blue mist.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you are inspired to create a masculine page using the Midnight collection. Make sure to share it with us!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails