Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Love You | October 2017 Main and Add-On Kits | Hip Kit Club

Hi everyone! 

Today I am sharing a new layout created for Hip Kit Club using the GORGEOUS October 2017 Hip Kits!

Mixed media is not my strongest point when creating however when I get the chance ( like an assignment) I LOVE to give it a try!  Have you ever tried something way out of your comfort zone? I urge you to give it a go! 
For my layout this week, I am grateful for this little girl, right here (and her younger sister too!) I have 2 beautiful nieces who I  ADORE!!! They sadly live in England but we get to see each other on Skype and blow kisses and give virtual hugs all the time! 

 To add some mixed media, I started out by using a sheet of the awesome watercolour paper/cardstock included in the October 2017 colour kit! I loved that I did not have to 'prime' the cardstock first so I just went ahead and added some of the Shimmerz colours from the colour kit using the packaging technique and also by dropping splats of colour too.
I wanted to use that amazing floral cut file designed by Jessica, I cut it out of regular white cardstock and then added some watercolouring to the flowers and leaves before I adhered it the background.

Those Dear Lizzy oversized chipboard words included in the October 2017 embellishment kit have been a massive hit with everyone on the Hip Kit design team this month! We all LOVE them so you may have seen them pop up on lots of our layouts! We would love to see how you have used them too! I added lots of dimension on this layout so it gave me the opportunity to add some gold thread underneath some of the layers.

I used lots of the Pinkfresh Studio Escape the Ordinary products from the October 2017 Hip Kits to embellish my layout and that floral spray below my photo was fussy cut from one of the October 2017 exclusive Project Life cards from the Project Life kit...I love how it matches the colours in the photo perfectly!

 Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails