Saturday, April 30, 2016

Be Brave | April 2016 Hip Kits | Hip Kit Club

Hi there everyone!
Today I have a brand new design team layout to share with you that I created using the April 2016 Main Hip Kit, Embellishment Add-On Kit and the Project Life Kit!
I decided I wanted to incorporate lots of the Pinkfresh Studio acetate words on to one page, once I laid a few down I was really liking how it looked and the rainbow effect came about easily when adding bits and pieces from each of the kits to compliment the words!
Be Brave.png
I machine stitched the acetate words down for extra texture and for extra hold! I used lots of colour co-ordinating pieces from the Pinkfresh Studio Life Noted washi stickers, epoxy stickers and rubber charms, Shimelle/American Crafts Starshine stickers and loads of the My Minds Eye On Trend 2 enamel dots/shapes to fill in spaces.  
For this week I focused on incorporating cards on a layout in a different way, I chose 4 of the journal cards from the Shimelle Starshine ephemera pack and layered stickers over 2 of them. I also used a couple of the colour co-ordinating Project Life cards, by cutting some small strips to fill in a few gaps here and there on my layout also.Be Brave Detail
I loved how adding a few of the Simple Stories wood veneer pieces helped to ground the layout a little. By adding a neutral colour I feel it breaks up the rainbow a little bit!Be Brave Detail 2
Thank you so much for joining me on my blog today! I hope you are now inspired to get creating with your April 2016 Hip kits! This layout is one of those ones to help you 'kill your kit' if you are almost at the end of your kit and you need a way to use up ALL the things!
Don't forget to mark your calendars and join us on the Hip Kit Facebook Member Forum for a fun-filled couple of days celebrating (Inter)national Scrapbook Day! There will be challenges, prizes and chat and lots of fun!
See you there!

Tarrah McLean

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails