Saturday, October 23, 2021

Thankful For You | These Days collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you today to share a new scrapbook layout incorporating creative journalling. I pulled out the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studio These Days collection as I love the Autumny feel this collection has, I documented a photo of my Mum and I.

I decided to incorporate my creative journalling by hiding it behind a cut file. The cut file I chose is from CUT to YOU. I cut out the smaller outline (solid piece to write the journalling on) of the design first and I then cut out the main design a bit bigger. I backed some different papers from the A5 paper stack behind the main design, I then adhered and made a crease on the left edge only so that the pumpkin opens up. I love how by looking at the main layout you can not tell that the pumpkin opens up.

I chose the small yellow gingham paper as my background paper however trimmed it down a little and backed it onto the beautiful wood grain paper. I then machine stitched around the entire outside edge to add some texture. To help open up the cut file, I added a tab sticker and some twine tied in a bow. I added baby powder to the bottom of the tab sticker to remove the stickiness of the sticker.

I adhered my photo in the bottom left corner of the cut file making sure there was no adhesive added to the section that needed to lift up. I also backed the Thankful part of the cut file with the wood grain A5 size paper and adhered it to the bottom of my photo using craft foam. To finish the title, I adhered the words For You using the super cute puffy alphabet stickers. I also placed a heart puffy in the centre of the words.

To embellish and enhance the story and design of my page, I took lots of die-cuts from the ephemera pack adhering many of these with craft foam, including the trees, the Family word and some of the florals too.  Just above the Thankful title and above the tree on the right I added epoxy wood beads and lastly I added some phrase stickers from the Accessory sticker sheet.

I absolutely love the way my layout turned out and I hope you were inspired to have a go at some creative journalling too? Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails