Thursday, August 5, 2021

Chasing Rainbows | CUT to YOU

Hi creative friends!

Today I am sharing a new scrapbook layout created for CUT to YOU featuring the gorgeous Chasing Rainbows cut file! I pulled out the gorgeous Sunkissed collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio to use with this cut file.

The Chasing Rainbows cut file

I cut the Chasing Rainbows cut file from white cardstock as I normally do and then chose some cute patterned papers to back behind the design. For the rainbow section of the cut file I chose some bright, striking papers and behind the clouds in the design I chose the cloud paper. In the title part of the design, I picked 2 of the bright papers from the rainbow section to repeat down in the title. Once it was all backed, I adhered it with craft foam underneath to a plain piece of white cardstock. I love the shadows and dimension this adds to my page.

I trimmed down the white cardstock background and matted the entire layout with two gorgeous 12′ x 12′ patterned papers from the Sunkissed collection. With big cut file designs like this one, sometimes it is difficult to decide where your photo/s are going to be placed. I usually audition all of the possibilities for my photo and decided on the right of my design was the best. I did not mind that the photo covered part of the cloud at the top and part of the title at the bottom.

Once my photo was placed, it was time to embellish! Under my photo to the left, I added a 3′ x 4′ journal card, I just loved the colours in this card and the big large sun was perfect! I like how the card draws your eye towards the photo too. I also stapled a small yellow, rainbow banner sticker to the top right corner of my photo too. On top of the small sun in the cut file, I added a wood epoxy bead of a sun, this was the perfect place for this! I added some small puffy stickers around my page and also one of the large rainbow die cuts above the photo. Lastly I added some accessory phrase stickers to help tell the story, I added these to the top of the cloud on the left and stamped the date stamp on the right of my photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?! I just love Gwen’s cut files so much! There are some amazing cut file designs in the CUT to YOU online store so make sure to check them out!

Happy creating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails