Saturday, July 31, 2021

Picture Perfect Moments | These Days collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

Today I am very excited to be sharing my first layout created using the stunning These Days collection for Cocoa Vanilla Studio! As soon as I saw the paper with all of the gorgeous frames, I knew I wanted to fussy cut some out and rearrange them on a background paper.

I fussy cut the frames and then took out my exacto knife and cut out the centres of the frames. I then took the A5 paper stack and backed each of the frames with a patterned paper from the paper stack. For the photo of my niece, I took the frame from the ephemera pack and added my photo behind it. Once the frames were all backed, I arranged them all on to the yellow gingham/plaid paper. I adhered the frames flat to the paper but the one with the photo, I added craft foam underneath and adhered it in the centre of all the frames. On the photo frame, I added one of the gorgeous gold glitter hearts and a phrase die-cut.

I trimmed down the yellow gingham/plaid paper and adhered the entire background onto the woodgrain paper, I like how this added some depth to the back of the page. On the left of my photo, I took the beautiful die-cut piece that says ‘Picture Perfect Moments’ I adhered this also with foam tape underneath as I wanted this to be the title for my page and I wanted to draw the viewers eye towards it. When I create a layout, I generally add the larger things to my page first like my photo and the title (creating the overall design) and work my way down to the smaller embellishments to finish off with, this page is no exception. I added the frames, the photo and the title first. I then took both the floral ephemera pack and regular ephemera pack and pulled out things to help tell my story and to enhance my design.

You can see I have added a few florals and some butterflies all from the ephemera packs. I created a visual triangle with the butterflies by placing 3 of them around my page so as to draw the viewers eye around the page. One of my favourite embellishments from this collection is the wood epoxy beads, I added 2 of these to my page, 1 larger one that says ‘So Sweet’ to the top left corner above my photo and a smaller with a heart under my photo. I also added quite a few of the gorgeous puffy stickers, these are sooo cute! I love how they are tiny, perfect for adding some little cute details.

Some of the last details I added were some of the gorgeous clear stickers and some of the accessory stickers. I also stamped the date stamp in the circle frame at the bottom below the beautiful puffy sticker. What a stunning collection to work with, it is sooooo pretty for girly projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails