Thursday, May 27, 2021

Dude | Pie Graph cut file | CUT to YOU

Hi crafty friends,

Today I am sharing a boy themed layout created for CUT to YOU for our boy feature this week! Have you checked out the Boyzone section in the CUT to YOU online store? Its full of awesome cut files suitable for all your boy themed projects! I chose to use the awesome Pie Graph cut file for my layout today.


Pie Graph cut file 


The Pie Graph cut file is suitable for any type of project really but don't you think it looks effective adding boy papers and elements?! I cut the design from white cardstock as I do mostly and backed all the spaces with different boy themed patterned papers from the Bro and Co collection by Simple Stories. I then did another thing that I do frequently and that is to add craft foam underneath the cut file! I then adhered it to my chosen background patterned paper. Its great how you can rotate this cut file to suit your photo and embellishments you may want to use. I love how the white pops against the blue in the background paper. 


As I placed the cut file the way it appears, I chose the widest opening part to place my photo. I like that I was able to layer and tuck things in here to draw attention to my photo. I added my large chipboard title starting in the bottom right corner of my photo and filled in the gap on the right of the photo with some die-cuts. I decided to eave some of the other gaps free of any embellishments so as not to overcrowd the page too much. I felt that the cut file and the photo with minimal embellishing makes a good impact and tell the story of my photo. You could most certainly add embellishments or even some machine stitching to the gaps. 


I really like the dimension and shadows the cut file gives with craft foam underneath. It is especially handy to have them popped up if you want to tuck things in and add things in later like I always do when I create! Is this something you do when creating? I am always lifting things up and fitting things in later when I find the perfect embellishment later on after almost finishing a page!


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed my boy themed layout and that you are inspired in some way to create a boy themed project using the CUT to YOU cut files!

Happy creating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails