Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Lovely | Happiness collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you today to share a new layout featuring the stunning Happiness collection! My assignment for today was to scrap lift a layout from the Cocoa Vanilla Community on Facebook. Scroll down to see the gorgeous layout I chose to lift!

The layout above is my scrap lift of this gorgeous layout below created by Niki Rowland! I just love the colours and how everything was centred underneath and around her photo on the page. Niki used the stunning Daydream collection on her layout while I chose to use the Happiness collection as there are similar elements in both collections.

I love how Niki used so many titles from the Daydream title pack, I chose to use 1 title however I added a few coloured rainbow cut files ( an old cut file from The Cut Shoppe) to balance and replicate Niki's title placement. She also added small rainbow embellishments so the cut files I chose to use were a perfect addition to my page.

The photo I am documenting is of my eldest niece - she is wearing a cute rainbow dress, the photo was my inspiration for this page with the colours and theme I was going for. To make the photo stand out from the colourful background, I added a small piece of the navy paper under my photo. As I don't really do a lot of mixed media and Niki has done a little on her page, I opted to use the gorgeous water colour clear stickers from the Happiness collection, I love how these add a little subtle colour without the mess and having to wait for things to dry! (I am so impatient!) You can see I did add a little sprinkling of gold Heidi Shine, that's about as messy as I get!

When it was time to embellish my layout, I simply went with a tone on tone look. I arranged the rainbow cut files how I liked them and then added similar coloured small embellishments close to the colour of the rainbow. If you look at Niki's layout, she did a similar thing. You can see in the above photo that I placed an orange clear sticker under the orange rainbow, fussy cut an orange butterfly and adhered it with a small orange flower. I did this for all the colours on my page. I also added some green sequins like Niki did and a pink and white stripe bow from an older Cocoa Vanilla collection. I trimmed down the white cardstock so that I could add the navy 12' x 12' paper as a mat to the entire layout. I do this quite often if I use a plain white cardstock background in the beginning. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing my take on Niki's beautiful layout today. Be sure to check out the Facebook Community group for amazing inspiration from fellow crafters. Share your projects in there too!

You can find the stunning Daydream collection and the amazing Happiness collection all in the Cocoa Vanilla online shop.

Thanks for stopping by today, happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails