Thursday, October 22, 2020

Let Me Take A Selfie | Daydream collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing with you a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for a '1 paper, 3 ways' feature focusing on the beautiful 'Sweet Serenity' paper from the stunning new Daydream collection as the background.

I chose a pretty cut file design from CUT to YOU, cut it out from white cardstock and then backed all the spaces behind the cut file using a mix of the gorgeous patterned papers from the 6' x 8' paper stack. For the circle space in the camera design, I added my photo which is a selfie taken in my car some time ago! The large circle die-cut piece in the ephemera pack fitted perfectly around the photo here. Once the spaces were all backed, I added craft foam underneath the cut file and adhered it to the 'Sweet Serenity' paper. As the page is all about cameras and selfies, I decided to trim 2 small strips from the 'Stepping Stones' paper and adhered them vertically to both outer edges of the 'Sweet Serenity' paper to replicate a filmstrip look.

You can see the shadows in the detail photos that are created by adhering the cut file up on foam tape onto the page, I love how this looks. On the left of the cut file, you can see I created a small cluster of embellishments with a few die-cuts and a flair button. This helps to balance the large camera feature in the top right corner a little. I also added more florals and a few other die-cuts around the page to decorate.

Design tip: If you look closely at the design of my layout, you will see that I have incorporated the all important visual triangle on my layout. I knew that I wanted to back the small circle on the camera with the darker blue paper and I also included the same paper in the 'Me' of the cut file title. As that was just 2 places, I needed to add a third piece of the darker blue somewhere, the dark blue moth sticker from the Accessory sticker sheet was the perfect addition placed just above the 'e' in 'Selfie'. Having a visual triangle on your layout draws the readers/viewers eyes around the page.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed my layout today and that you were inspired in some way. The Daydream collection should be in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store really soon, so keep an eye for it!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails