Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Our Home | Daydream collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing another new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the amazing new Daydream collection!

This week some of the design team are focusing on using the super cute puffy hearts and gorgeous sequins included in the Daydream collection!

I started out by choosing a super cute house cut file from CUT to YOU, I cut it from white cardstock and then backed all the different parts of the house with the gorgeous papers from the 6' x 8' paper pad. The paper pad is perfect for backing cut files and for making cards with, it means you do not have to cut into a full sheet of 12' x 12' paper just to use a small section. Once the sections were all backed, I adhered the entire cut file to plain white cardstock using craft foam to give it some dimension and I then trimmed the white cardstock down and matted the entire page with the 'B' side of the Garden Variety paper. I then machine stitched around the white edge of the white cardstock for some extra texture and detail.

As I went for a home themed page design, I documented a photo of my gorgeous nieces at their home cuddling up with a doona together. I placed the photo to the right side of the house cut file so that you could still see the door of the house! I knew I wanted to add the 'Happy Days With You' banner sticker to the front door as you can see in the detail photo below. To the right of the photo, I tucked in one of the journal tabs, some cute flower die-cuts and a small tab that says 'Sweet'. I also layered one of the moth die-cuts to the bottom right corner of the photo. Underneath the photo, I created a another small cluster including a small house die-cut with layered stickers over the top. Here I also stamped the date stamp of when the photo was taken.

The Daydream collection has the most gorgeous rainbows included in it so I added one of the rainbow stickers above the photo, it was the perfect size. I wanted to add the small yellow sequins to the windows of the cut file design to replicate a reflecting look like you would get from the glass of actual windows, I think these look cute placed here.

I also wanted to give the roof of the house cut file some texture like rooves have so the sequins were the perfect element to add here. They fit perfectly and give some texture to enhance the roof in the design. I also placed the mint green puffy heart to the heart in the cut file design - again the prefect embellishment to add here! The title is made up of the cardstock die-cut words, I added foam dots under the title to help pop it up off the page. I love the dimension it created. I added a few more phrase accessory stickers below the title here. The chimney at the top of the house was looking a little bare so I decided to add some of the small floral die-cuts tucked into it. I think these look cute too! Lastly I added another moth up near the chimney and a heart sticker too.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed seeing my layout today and that you are inspired in some way. If you don't have the Daydream collection yet, be sure to keep an eye on the Cocoa Vanilla online store as the Daydream collection should be coming really soon! Trust me, YOU NEED IT!! It is amazing!!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails