Saturday, August 8, 2020

And So The Adventure Begins | Tarrah McLean

 Hi everyone,

Today I have a new design team layout to share created for CUT to YOU and inspired by the CSI Challenges case file no. #327. If you know me, you will know that I absolutely LOVE to travel. I have been very fortunate to have traveled a fair bit already so I have lots of memories to document.

Each month CUT to YOU sponsors the challenges over at CSI, there are always awesome prizes up for grabs so make sure you check all the case files out, I am sure you will find something to inspire you and get creating!

Case File No. 327

I was inspired by the travel theme and the colours of this case file. I chose to cut out the awesome ‘ADVENTURE BEGINS’ cut file from white cardstock first. I then backed the openings of the block letters in red cardstock. I then added craft foam underneath the entire cut file and adhered it down to the plain white cardstock background. As I was constructing my layout, you can see in my close up photo below that I decided to make the word ‘Begin’ stand out more so I inked the word in black ink. As this word has the washi tape underneath it, I am glad I chose to ink the word.

Adventure Begins cut file

Title cut files like this one are great as they pretty much decide the design of your page for. As there was the space on the right of the title, this was the perfect place to add my photo and the layers under my photo. I used some red and black striped pockets for my layers and also a small Kraft envelope.

I added some travel wood veneer pieces including the globe one over the top of the ‘O’ in ‘So’. I also added a super cute red peg, a black arrow paper clip, a red resin star and a black and white fabric bow. On the right of my photo, I added a Charm’s handmade fabric star and layered a travel flair over the top of the star.

Lastly I added a few travel phrase stickers and a date tab at the top of the red and white stripe pocket at the top. I also trimmed down the white cardstock and framed the entire layout with a Kraft cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Make sure you check out all the AMAZING cut files in the CUT to YOU store!

Happy creating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails