Monday, March 30, 2020

Somewhere Over the Rainbow | The Cut Shoppe

Hi friends,



Today it is sadly my last post and share with you as part of The Cut Shoppe design team. :( It has been an absolute blast being on this team and using Ashley's cut files! Thank you so much for having me Ashley!



So now to my layout! I decided for my last layout that I would create something bright and fun to hopefully cheer people up with all the uncertainty and difficult times you may be going through. 



I used the Over the Rainbow cut file and cut each individual piece of the rainbow using different coloured cardstocks. 



Over the Rainbow

Once I had the cut file pieces all stuck down in rainbow order, it was time to add my photo and embellish! The photo is of my gorgeous niece in a pretty rainbow dress and handbag that matched! Perfect photo for this layout! I added a rainbow paper underneath the photo and placed it slightly to the right of the centre of the rainbow. To balance all the colour at the top of the rainbow, I decided to add a rainbow strip of paper down the very bottom of the page. I love how that looks!

With embellishing, I tried to embellish tone on tone where I could. The flair button was perfect in the centre of the rainbow on the blue piece as it had the same blue background. I added some pink enamel hearts in some of the heart cut outs of the cut file. I also added some phrase stickers that suited the page also. 

The white fluffy hearts are a fabric embellishment made by a lady in Australia. I added a small gold heart sticker to each cloud. On the yellow piece of the cut file, I added some yellow glitter chipboard thickers from my stash and that became the beginning of the title of the page. On the right of the photo, I punched out a heart from red cardstock and layered a gold sticker heart over the top of that one too.

Thank you so much for your support using The Cut Shoppe cut files on the design team. I do hope that you all continue to support Ashley and The Cut Shoppe by purchasing her amazing cut files!

Happy creating, stay healthy and look after each other!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails