Thursday, January 20, 2022

The Sky Is the Limit | To the Moon collection | Bella Blvd

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new scrapbook layout created for Bella Blvd inspired by the awesome January 2022 sketch designed by my fellow design team member Brianna. For this assignment we could choose whatever products we wanted to so I chose the gorgeous To The Moon collection.

Png_20220107_204113_0000

Below is the awesome January 2022 sketch designed by Brianna. You can join in too, we would love to see your take on the sketch! The great thing with sketches is that you can use it as a starting point and go in your own direction. You will notice that I loosely used the sketch as inspiration, you do not have to place everything exactly as the sketch shows, do your own thing, there is no right or wrong!

FB_IMG_1642283982303

I started by choosing the 'B' side of the Daily Details paper, tracing a dinner plate on to the paper and cutting it out using my craft knife, I used a craft knife and not my scissors because I wanted to keep the outside of the paper intact to use as a border around the entire layout. I adhered the circle to a plain piece of white cardstock and then trimmed down the cardstock and adhered it to the remaining Daily Details paper making sure that the colours lined up together in the circle and the background. I also bent up the edges of the white cardstock slightly to add some dimension to the page. As the sketch has some stitching elements, I decided to poke some holes around the large circle and then chose some corresponding cottons and hand stitched each section to match. I love how the hand stitching adds a very 'handmade' look to my page.

Png_20220109_213114_0000

Once the stitching was complete (this took a little time) it was time to add my photo, title and embellishments. The photo is of my 16 year old son looking very handsome after he had a haircut. I chose to add just the one photo and popped it up on foam tape, for the other 'photo' part of the sketch I decided to add the large rocket die-cut from the ephemera icons beside the photo. I adhered this piece down using regular adhesive however I took one of the cute alien faces and popped it up using pop dots on top of the rocket. The sketch has 2 smaller circles to the bottom right of the larger one, I decided to add 3 smaller ones here that are significantly smaller than the sketch, as I said before, you do not have to do exactly as the sketch suggests. I used ephemera iconschipboard stickers, puffy stickers and cardstock stickers here all to add some interest to this bottom corner. I also added my title here which is 'The Sky Is the Limit'.

Png_20220109_213225_0000

To balance the bottom corner cluster of embellishments, I created another cluster at the top opposite corner using some chipboard stickers, epoxy stickers, ephemera icons, cardstock stickers and puffy stickers. You will notice I have used a variety of adhesives on this layout including regular double sided tape, craft foam and pop dots, all to help add interest and give the page some dimension. I added a few more embellishments near the rocket also and added the stocker that says 'You Mean the World to Me' above the photo. Lastly I stamped the date stamp and sprinkled some black mist around and my page was complete.

Png_20220109_213326_0000

Thank you so much for stopping by the Bella Blvd blog today! I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?! I love how it turned out! Make sure to check out the gorgeous Bella Blvd goodies in store so you can create super fun pages too!

Bella Blvd products used:

To the Moon Daily Details paper

To the Moon Chipboard Stickers

To the Moon Doohickey Cardstock Stickers

To the Moon Ephemera Icons 

To the Moon A Boy's World Puffy Stickers

To the Moon Spaced Out Epoxy Stickers

Happy creating!

FB_IMG_1621160867448

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails