Saturday, May 9, 2020

You Are Special | Midnight Collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends,

Today I am sharing a new design team layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the Mother's Day theme we have going on this week on the Cocoa Vanilla blog! I decided to document a special photo of my beautiful Mum and myself on Sydney Harbour when we went to the ballet a year ago. I pulled out the gorgeous Midnight collection to help me document this special memory.


I found a really lovely cut file designed by fellow team member Gwen from Cut To You, I cut it out from white cardstock and then backed the hearts at the top of the cut file with the pink side of the Shine Bright paper the Special word in the cut file, I backed with the 'B' side of the Inky Depths paper, I love that small soft floral side. Once it was all backed, I placed craft foam underneath both the hearts and the 'Special' word.

I chose the 'B' side of the Mixed Blessing paper for my background and also matted that piece with another sheet of the Inky Depths paper. I machine stitched around the entire edge to add some texture and interest. I placed the cut file title in the centre of the page and I cut a strip of the Bloom and Grow paper and placed it underneath the bottom of the cut file before I adhered it all down. I matted my photo in the orange part of the Shine Bright paper and added craft foam underneath the photo and mat, it fit perfectly just above the word 'Special' with one of the hearts from the cut file overlapping onto the photo also.

I tucked in one of the cute die-cut frames from the die-cut ephemera pack into the top of my photo, I then took one of the paint strip clear stickers and added it to white cardstock, I then fussy cut it out and tucked it into the right side of my photo. I also added one of the cute flair buttons here. The jar and flower chipboard piece fit perfectly there just above the 'You' in the cut file, I love how this looks here. I also tucked in one of the floral die-cuts to the left of the jar to bring in some more of the florals to the page. I also added a few chipboard hearts and also a clear sticker heart too. Lastly I added some of the accessory word and phrase stickers and the date stamp to finish off!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have plenty of Mother's Day memories you can document!

Happy Mother's Day for Sunday, happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails