Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Beautiful Friends | Happiness Collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Happy International Friendship Day! Today I am sharing a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio especially for International Friendship Day!

I have used the gorgeous Happiness collection to document a photo of some beautiful friends - you may recognise a few familiar faces in this photo...one being Zoe - the owner and founder of Cocoa Vanilla Studio, and 2 of my fellow CVS design team members - Raquel Bowman and Sue Plumb.

I started out by choosing a free cut file from Paige Evans Happy Scrappy Place on Facebook, I cut it out from white textured cardstock. I then chose some of the gorgeous patterned papers from the 6' x 8' paper pad to back the layers of petals. I started with the floral one then a solid colour and then went to a smaller floral again. I LOVE how it turned out! I love the array of florals and colours all mixed together! One it was all backed, I considered machine stitching the cut file, but decided against it when it would have been a bit fiddly. I chose the 'B' side of the rainbow stripe paper as my background and popped the cut file up using craft foam.

I matted my photo with one of the gorgeous pink papers from the 6' x 8' paper pad and also layered another scrap piece I had laying around. I popped the photo and the layers up using craft foam also. I cut out the 'Fun, Fun, Fun' quotes from the frames paper and tucked that into the left of my photo. This photo was taken right before a really fun night out together so the Fun, Fun, Fun was perfect to add! I think that's what friendship is all about, having a blast together! I had to cut out some of the gorgeous rainbow butterflies to scatter around the cut file. I popped these up using foam dots and also curled up their wings with my fingers.

My title is made up of 2 of the cardstock titles from the Happiness collection. Of course the word 'Friends' had to appear on the page and I decided on 'Beautiful' for the first word. I popped up the title with foam dots and then chose a few small embellishments like the heart and small flower die-cuts and the 'Good Stuff' ticket to add. Lastly I added some of the phrase accessory stickers that were suited to the page and also the date stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Do you have a friend or 2 that you have photos of? Get creating and document those fun times together all in honour of International Friendship Day!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails