Friday, May 24, 2019

Rad | Boys Rule | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the awesome Boys Rule collection. My older son loves to go to the skate park and either skate or scoot. I just had to snap some pics of him this day while he checked his phone and was holding his skateboard!
Did you get the 6' x 8' paper pad when you got the Boys Rule collection? This paper pad so handy for backing cut files and making cards. I love that I don't have waste a whole 12' x 12' piece of paper just to cut a small section from it!

I cut the hexagon design from plain black cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo and then chose the black, blues and grey coloured papers from the 6' x 8' paper pad to back the hexagon shapes with. Once the entire cut file was backed, I used craft foam underneath it to pop it up off the background paper. I like the dimension and shadows this creates.

I added some of the star stickers and die-cuts to the centres of the hexagons. I also added one of the flair buttons and some of the phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet. I also snuck in some of the little stars from the Made of Awesome collection as the colours went perfectly and it was a great way to use them up!
My photo is matted with the white cross paper from the 6' x 8' paper pad and I adhered one of the tabs to the top left corner of the photo also. I placed the tag from the die-cut pack to the left of my photo and added a piece of twine through the whole in the top. I layered one of the star stickers over the top of the tag and also a phrase sticker from the accessory sticker sheet. To finish off my page, I added the date stamp and some splatters of black mist. 

I hope I have inspired you to create a layout using the awesome Boys Rule Collection! Not only is it suitable for boys, it suits girl themed projects too!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails