Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Unique | Happiness | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Easter friends!

 Today I am sharing a new layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the stunning new Happiness collection!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that rainbow striped paper but wanted to use it in a different way...I decided to cut a doily like design out using it and I think it turned out gorgeous! I felt the paper on its own was a little too busy so this was a great compromise. Once it was all cut out, I adhered it in strategic places to some plain white cardstock. When I say strategic, I mean that I wanted to be able to fold up the scallops so I only adhered the very centre down and a little around the outside scallop edge.

Before machine stitching the cut file down, I took some of the watercolour look clear stickers and placed those under the cut file in a tone on tone look. See the image below of the orange clear sticker under the cut file. Once stitched, I folded up the scallops to create the look of dimension and shadows. I matted my photo using one of the papers from the 6' x 8' paper pad and used some craft foam underneath it to pop it up. I tucked in some of the die-cuts either side of my photo and also adhered a flair button on the bottom right corner of my photo.

My title is the 'Unique' word from the Happiness cardstock title pack, a fitting title when you can get some unique looks from Snapchat photos haha! I adhered the title overlapping my photo at the bottom. I also placed the 'Stay Colourful' die-cut piece underneath the title. I love that 'Colourful' is spelt correctly ;) To finish off the page, I added some of the phrase and shape stickers around the photo and stamped the date stamp.

Thank you so much for joining me on my blog today, I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Happiness collection and create with it! If you don't have any yet, you NEED it! Check out the many online and brick and mortar retail stores that have it in their stores and it will be in the Cocoa Vanilla online store soon!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails