Saturday, March 23, 2019

Beautiful You | Happiness | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing a new design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the stunning new 'Happiness' collection!

This collection is absolutely amazing, if you haven't ordered yours from a retailer yet, you really should! Its just gorgeous and the colours are to die for!

Some of us designers were asked to scrap lift each other this week, I chose to lift an amazing page by fellow designer Amanda Jayne Baldwin!

I just adore the watercolour look together with the circle cut file Amanda used on her layout! I decided to replicate a similar look by painting with some watercolours and also splattering some of the same colours also. I cut out a circle cut file using the 'B' side of the Botanical Bliss paper. I wanted to have the darker paper as a contrast against the white background and the softer watercolours.

Here is Amanda-Jayne's stunning layout that I lifted, Amanda-Jayne used our pretty Hello Lovely collection:

I just had to fussy cut some of those beautiful butterflies from the Bright and Beautiful paper! I mean they were just meant to be cut out right?! I used foam tape underneath most of the to pop them up from the page, I arranged them around the perimeter of the circle cut file how I liked them. I also added a couple of the clear sticker butterflies, first I adhered them to some white cardstock, I like how this allows me to then move them around like a die-cut. I used some of the gorgeous papers from the 6' x 8' paper pad to mat my photo and I also layered one of the die-cut frames underneath.

My title is 'Beautiful You' chosen from the Cardstock Titles pack. I placed it overlapping the bottom of the die-cut frame at the bottom of my photo. I added one of the cute flair buttons over on the right hand side, I placed it amongst the fussy cut butterflies. I also added some of the clear sticker and die-cut hearts for some extra embellishing and interest.

I added quite a few of the clear stickers on this layout as the colours matched perfectly, especially the ones that look like paint smears, you can see I added one to the right of my photo if you look at the photo below. Some of the small word and phrase accessory stickers were added to the bottom of the frame and title. It is so easy to create pretty pages with this collection! Once I had decided whose layout I was going to lift, it was easy to then execute my design and embellish it!

I hope I have done Amanda-Jayne's page justice?! Have you ever tried scrap lifting a design? It's a great way to get your creativity flowing if you are in a slump or not sure where to start! I often scrap lift myself if I like a previous page I have done!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails