Friday, June 9, 2023

Fun Happy Days Together | Happy Days collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new scrapbook layout created for Cocoa Vanilla featuring the GORGEOUS Happy Days collection!

For this layout, I am documenting a recent photo of myself and my 2 sons. It is not very often that we get a photo together so when we were together recently, I took the opportunity to snap a photo! I did print the photo in colour however as we are all mostly wearing black it goes with the Happy Days collection perfectly!

I started with a plain white cardstock background, as I often do and trimmed it down to 11' x 11' inches, adhering it to the 'B' side of the Flutterby paper. I then machine stitched a border around the outside of the layout to add some texture. Next I traced a dinner plate onto some cheap cardstock and free hand cut around the circle. I did not bother too much with how the circle was cut out as I knew that I would be covering it with lots of different patterned papers.

I took out the A5 paper stack and chose all of the different papers to include on the circle. I cut them into strips of different sizes and layered them over and under each other to create a shadows and dimensions on the circle. I adhered them all horizontally but changed the angles on many to create the eye catching look to the circle. I used craft foam and regular adhesive to create different heights and looks to the circle. Once I had completed the circle I added craft foam underneath the circle and adhered it to the centre of the white cardstock background. I love creating lots of dimension on my layouts!

I adhered my photo to the right hand side of the circle and also adhered the black and white doodled frame from the Ephemera pack to the outside of my photo. I love how the black in the frame helps to draw your eye to the photo amongst the busyness of the patterned papers. Next I decided to further enhance the photo by adding some of the gorgeous florals from the Floral Ephemera Pack. I added these tucked in and around the photo, using both foam tapes and regular tapes to adhere them. I also added one of the super cute Puffy Hearts to the bottom right corner and placed a tab sticker from the Accessory Sticker Sheet to the right side of the photo also.  On the left hand side of the photo, I adhered the Hello banner flag from the Ephemera pack.

Whenever I create a circular design, I like to be able to add embellishments and my title around the outside so I did this again using the Chipboard Alphabet Stickers to add my title. I spaced out the words so that you have to read around the circle which helps to draw the eye around the layout. In between the spaces I added Die-cuts, Puffy Hearts, Puffy Stickers, more Florals, and Accessory Stickers. On the actual circle, in between the paper layers, I placed some of the phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker Sheet, these help to tell the story about the photo I am documenting on my layout, more Puffy Stickers and some Die-cuts here also.

I absolutely LOVE how my layout turned out and hope you like it too?! I hope you can find some inspiration from my layout and create a similar page to mine using your Happy Days collection!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails