Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Happy Days with You | Happy Days collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you and today I am sharing a new layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the gorgeous, new Happy Days collection!

For this week's project, I was given the fun task of including the Sunshine and Lollipops paper on my project. There are a total of 3 designers including this paper in their projects this week, so be sure to check out their gorgeous work too!

I have had this lovely photo of my niece printed for ages, don't you think it goes perfectly with the Sunshine and Lollipops paper?!

I love it when my photos go with my craft supplies!

I chose a plain white cardstock background (as I mostly do) so that those gorgeous colours in the collection can really pop!

I then decided to cut up the Sunshine and Lollipops paper into strips, you can see I cut them so there was a lighter and darker version of each colour together.

I then pulled out my scoreboard and bone scoring tool and scored at every inch. Once this was done, I then just folded the creases in a concertina fashion to create the zig zag/chevron effect on the paper strips. I had to think about how I was going to get the strips to adhere to the plain white cardstock background. I ended up choosing double sided tape, running a piece down the centres of each one and adhering them on the cardstock. I did pull some of the folds out so that some were longer and shorter than others, I love how this turned out.

I adhered my photo at the bottom of the layout, overlapping onto the yellow and green paper strips. I added the 'Good Times' die-cut tab from the ephemera pack to the right side of the photo and also adhered my title above the photo. I chose the gorgeous Happy Days cardstock titles also from the ephemera pack for my title and also added a few phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet to add to the title. 

To embellish my layout I chose a tone on tone look. What this means is that you place same or similar colour elements against each other. For instance on the yellow paper strip, I have placed a yellow puffy heart and a yellow flower top and bottom of the paper strip.  I repeated the same tone on tone look for each of the paper strips, choosing lots of fun embellishments from the ephemera pack, the puffy hearts pack, the puffy shape stickers and accessory stickers.

I love how the folded paper strips create lots of dimension and shadows on my layout!  Some other ways you might recreate this layout is by adhering the paper strips horizontally instead of vertically. Or you could even try weaving them for a really effective look as well! The possibilities are endless! The Sunshine and Lollipops paper would have to be one of my favourite papers in the Happy Days collection! What is your favourite? Lastly I added the heart paper strip to the very bottom of the layout and I stamped the date stamp of when the photo was taken.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I hope you are inspired by my layout and enjoyed reading about how I created it. You are always welcome to recreate this layout if you wish using your Happy Days collection! I would love to see what you come up with!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails