Tuesday, May 24, 2022

You're The Best | No Limits collection | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 Hi creative friends!

It's Tarrah back with you today to share a new scrapbook layout created using the awesome No Limits collection.

I am documenting a photo of my eldest son taken at one of his birthdays a few years ago. It's great to look back on older photos to see how much they have grown!! 

I decided on the 'B' side of the Orbit paper for my background, trimming it down slightly and adhering it on some plain white cardstock. At this point I can never decide if I want to add machine stitching to the outside, so I usually carry on creating the layout and leave that decision to last! As you can see I did opt to machine stitch around the edge, I do like the texture this brings to the layout.

I cut out a cool star cut file by CUT to YOU from white cardstock and backed some of the larger stars with an orange paper from the A5 paper stack. Once backed I adhered the cut file on a slight angle to the background paper. At this point the decision was made on what colour scheme I was going to go with for my layout. I decided to go with orange, black and white. I tried to be careful that it did not look too Halloween themed!

I took some of the 3' x 4' pocket cards and layered them under my photo, I placed one vertically and one horizontally. I then added craft foam to the underneath and adhered this to the centre of the layout also on a slight angle, following the same angle that I adhered the cut file. I love the shadows and dimension that are created on my layout by adding craft foam underneath some elements. On top of my photo I adhered the banner die-cut piece that says You're The Best, this also became the title of my layout. I pulled out lots of the orange and black elements from each of the packs of embellishments. I also cut some pieces from the Universal 12' x 12' paper that suited both the theme and colours of my page.

Another reason that I decided on the orange, black and white colour scheme was the colours in the photo of my son. By pulling colours from the photo, it helps to continue on from the photo and helps the photo to blend nicely on the page. I added some contrasting black ephemera stars to the large orange ones using craft foam. I also added the To the Moon and Back round ephemera piece to one of the stars also.

I absolutely love layering on my pages, I love the texture, dimension and interest it brings to a page. If there were no layers and different elements it would rather flat and boring. I once again embellished my page with the larger embellishments first like chipboard and ephemera. I then finish off embellishing with smaller things like accessory stickers, wood epoxy buttons and puffy stickers. Lastly I finished off with some sprinkles of white mist and stamped the date stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it?!

Make sure you check out the Cocoa Vanilla store as the new and very awesome No Limits collection is now in the online store to purchase.

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails